The journey to the Red Planet has become one of the great challenges of our time. In a ground-breaking new exhibition at The Design Museum, which opens on 16th October, discover how every detail in this extraordinary endeavour must be designed. Learn how a Mars colony might evolve, from the spaceships to be used for the eight-month journey to the habitats that people will live in.
The Afternoon Tea at The Milestone Hotel & Residences, opposite Kensington Palace, will turn into a space-themed experience to coincide with the ‘Moving to Mars’ exhibition, starting from the 22nd October until the 24th November, 2019.
You’ll enjoy a delicious Afternoon Tea in one of our stunning lounges, with a delicate array of finger sandwiches, warm freshly baked scones served with Devonshire clotted cream and home-made preserves, and a selection of space-themed pastries.
- Red Planet - Valrhona caramelia chocolate mousse: sprayed with red cocoa butter and flickered with a darker orange to give a Mars-like effect
- Galaxy - Dark chocolate cup cake: three toned icing with edible glitter throughout and garnished with edible stars and silver leaf - a little galaxy on top of your cup cake
- Star - Coconut & passion fruit mousse: sprayed bright yellow and with flecks of gold leaf; as bright as its name suggests
- Moon - Cream cheese macaron: the two sides of the moon: dark grey and white
- Asteroid - Aerated coffee cake: an aerated cake that is partially dried out to give the effect of an asteroid, with chocolate ganache in some of the natural craters
- Space pop - Vanilla and chocolate cake pop: a cake pop with a chocolate disc in the centre, dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with popping candy
Price: From £52 per person
Time: 1pm, 3pm and 5pm daily
Venue: Cheneston's at The Milestone Hotel & Residences