Andy Elliot, personal trainer for The Milestone Hotel, shares his top 5 healthy habits to get you in shape for 2014, and so you can enjoy that afternoon tea guilt-free!
1. Start your day with warm water and lemon to alkalise your body to support healthy digestions, healthier skin, energy and weight loss.
2. Break the fast! Starting the day with a healthy breakfast will wake up our metabolism creating a faster weight loss and more energy. Health breakfast include gluten free oats, poached eggs or smoked salmon with gluten free oats.
3. Cut the refined sugars! Refined sugars is one of the biggest causes of rapid weight by cutting out the refined sugars you will see weight loss. Use natural sweeteners like honey.
4. TRAIN, TRAIN and TRAIN. Exercise will boost your energy levels, improve all vital organs and increase our metabolism, which is prefect for anyone looking to lose weight. Look towards circuit based exercise involved total body strength.
5. Don’t drink with your food. Drinking whilst eating has a terrible on the digestion. Aim to hydrate 15 to 20minutes before you eat and wait 30minute until after your meal before drinking again.
The post Start As You Mean To Go On: 5 Healthy Habits to Get Into appeared first on The Red Carnation Hotel Collection Blog.