30th April - 2nd June 2019
Join us at The Milestone to celebrate the 200th year anniversary since Queen Victoria's birth. The quintessentially English tradition of Afternoon Tea, came to fruition during her reign and our special Victorian Afternoon Tea is inspired by some of her favourite treats. Enjoy cakes along with a variety of finger sandwiches, fruit & plain scones served with home-made preserve and clotted cream.
Served in the hotel’s sophisticated Park Lounge, the special Afternoon Tea includes:
- Battenberg Cake: A light sponge cake with apricot jam, covered in marzipan. Created for the wedding of Queen Victoria’s grand-daughter to Louis of Battenberg in 1884
- Cranberry & Chantilly Cream Tart: Vanilla sweet pastry, cranberry and light Chantilly cream, supposedly one of Queen Victoria’s favourite sweet treats
- Beetroot & Chocolate Mousse Dome: Decorated with a sugar veil and a chocolate pearl to reference Queen Victoria’s love of lace and pearls, and placed on a dark chocolate cake base to represent how she wore black to mourn Prince Albert for 10 years
- Strawberry & Rhubarb Mousse: Strawberry mousse, fresh English rhubarb decorated with a gold crown and a sugar diamond to represent the crown and jewellery she wore.
- Traditional Victoria Sponge: Created and named after Queen Victoria
Time: Served daily at 1pm, 3pm and 5pm
Venue: Park Lounge
Price: Traditional Afternoon Tea, £52.00 per person | Champagne Afternoon Tea, £62.00 per person